Friday, January 18, 2008

New Friends in San Miguel

The day started with preparations for the departure Saturday of the new friends from Oregon. Pictures to be taken, contact info to be shared. This is what makes staying at a B&B so much fun. Sitting around the breakfast table in the morning, or hanging out in the courtyard later in the day. You get to know people.

The Ashland Oregon Quartet has been particularly fun to get to know. Lots of laughter, discussions about serious projects, somehow I don't think it will be just a vacation relationship. I want to be there for opening night when OtherRichard finally begins his stand-up career.


Richard, Joyce, Joanne, OtherRichard

The ORs also wanted a shot of the Minnesota/Canada contingent. We had three cameras pointed at us. Which one should I look at? Just like show biz.


Gayla, Diane, Maria Teresa, Petebar

After showing Diane & Gayla where the money exchange office is, I hung out in the jardin reading the papers. It was somewhat busy. Lots of people.






The jardin has four of these fountains that run even in winter. That couldn't be done in Minnesota right now.



And the balloon vendors were out in force.



At 1pm we met at Rincon de Don Tomas across from the jardine. I had the Mole Poblano. That's an excellent hunk of chicken breast under the tasty mole sauce. Quite good.



After lunch we headed over to the Mercado de Artesanias. I bought a couple of thing and I'll show them later.

D, G,& MT took a cab back to Casa de la O, but I did some more wandering on my way back to the jardin. I can't take enough shots of the doors in San Miguel. These three cover the range.






Of course, the afternoon sun looks good on la parroquia.




When I reached my bench-sitting limit, I went back to the B&B. Later, we took Diane & Gayla over to Bugambilia for dinner. It was a great meal last week, and tonight was no letdown. I had the Tinga con Chorizo, which is pork with Mexican sausage in tomato sauce and a bit of chipotle chile, and with saute potatoes. Lacking Negra Modelo, I had the Bohemia Obscura (dark) cerveza. All was um, um good.



After dinner we took a stroll over to the jardine where we listened to the mariachi band play for a bit. We also saw Steve and Rebecca whom we met on the bus tour. Everyone goes to the jardin on a pleasant evening.

3 comments:

Brenda Maas said...

Great pictures; but especially love the ones of the doors.
I love looking at the doors here where we live also. Such beauty and variety.

petebar said...

¡Hola Brenda! Thanks for your comment, I'm glad you like the photos. San Miguel is a great place for photography (and eating!). Check out the blog archives dated July 2007 for some posts from my first visit to San Miguel in January 07.

Peter

Anonymous said...

Good post.