Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Back Home In Minnesota

I made it back to Minneapolis yesterday only a little late thanks again to bad weather in Houston. It was a long, lousy day of traveling due to the cold I had acquired. And, my left ear would not "pop" during either landing. No fun. I couldn't hear properly and I was a bit off. It got back to normal sometime during the night, but I can still feel some effect.

So the advice is, don't fly with a cold. Use this as an excuse to stay on vacation a few extra days.

UPDATE: The package I had sent from Mexico on Thursday morning showed up today with UPS. That's pretty fast from any location. It now seems that the reason for the high cost of shipping was I got a service somewhat faster than "ground". DUH! Next time maybe I should just ask about what speed they are quoting and request the slowest one. That's pretty basic, I should know that.

2 comments:

Billie Mercer said...

Glad you made it home. When are you coming back?

petebar said...

Hi, Billie! Excellent question. Not soon enough would be a good answer. Actually, whatever my work situation turns out to be will be a factor. Since I have now been to San Miguel twice in January, I'd like to go at a different time of year. Maybe late spring, or fall after the rainy season. We'll see.