Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Last Day in San Miguel (this time)

And so I hit the last full day in San Miguel de Allende for this trip. Wish I could stay. Wish I didn't have to go back to the frigid cold that Minnesota is experiencing now. But there will be more trips to take.

My cold, thanks for asking, was a little better this morning. The Mexican version of DayQuil seemed to be helping. Still, I didn't feel like being too active.

This morning was a bit cooler than usual here so I waited awhile before walking up to the jardin. I just wanted to read the paper and soak in the jardin vibes, preferably in the sun. I found Diane & Gayla there and we chatted a bit. They said they met a young woman who told them where the Americans will be gathering to watch the Packers game this evening. Oh well, they can't win them all.

I wandered down to Parque Benito Juarez again, and this time there were some people there unlike last Monday. Looks a lot better with people enjoying this beautiful park.








While walking to and from Parque Juarez I took more pictures of doors. I started to look more at some of the details in the doors. So I guess I'll call this section, The Knockers of San Miguel de Allende.








This isn't a knocker, just an interesting face on a door.



When I got back to the jardin, it was hopping. It's a great place to just hang out any time of the day. And you can get your shoes shined, too.





And there was even a "Mini" car show on the street. These are the original Mini Coopers from the early 60s, and maybe the 50s. Some were right-hand and others were left.





As I was leaving the jardin I was able to get a little going away music.



Back at Casa de la O, I started to get organized and pack for the trip home tomorrow morning. But there was one more fun thing to do. Rebecca & Steve, a couple we met on the Pozos bus tour, invited Maria Teresa and I to their house for dinner tonight. We had a delicious meal and great conversation with new friends. They live in San Miguel full time and it was interesting to hear what it's like to leave the states behind, at least for the duration of Steve's work assignment. They have a lovely home and it was very nice of them to have us over. I'm sure we'll stay in touch.

And so, that's it. I've got to get packed and ready to be picked up at 9am. It's been a great visit to San Miguel. I'll be back.

3 comments:

Brenda Maas said...

Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pix of the Minis, Pete... still first in my heart after all these years.

Scott

Megan Show said...

Amazing photos, Peter! I got to be swept away for a short time imagining the warm sun and colorful landscape. Wish I didn't have to walk outside in this arctic cold!
Think they could start a B&N there and we could be seasonal employees? I'll just fly down every Sat. morning and work Sunday evening!!
Thanks for sharing-
Megan